If you are looking for a great recurve bow for beginners be sure to read our review
Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow
This review provides an in depth look at the quality and performance of the
Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow
I have always enjoyed being in nature. I believe enjoying nature is why I have hunted for wild game since I was old enough too. Being on the short side, I am 5 feet 10 inches tall, I would often have problems using a bow to hunt.
It can be hard to find the right type of bow for a short person. I would often try different bows to find the best one for having short arms. There are many good bows for a taller person, but there are only a select few for someone who has a short arm length.
One day I finally found the Samick Sage Takedown Recurve bow. This bow has helped me tremendously. I am able to aim and pull the arrow back better with it.
The Samick Sage Takedown Bow is 62 inches from top to bottom. It has a B-50 string and bow rest. The brass bushings are installed already for the brass plunger, stabilizer, sight, and quiver, which made it better because it was put on right.
The limbs of the bow are made of hard maple with black fiberglass covering. It has a single tapered knob and metal limb pocket design. The way the design is helps the bow last for many years if taken care of.
The maximum draw length of the string is 29 inches. The brass height of the bow is 7-1/4 to 8-1/4 inches. Both the maximum draw length and brass height of the bow are recommended inches.
One of the benefits of the Samick Sage Takedown Recurve bow is the ability to buy the limbs in various weights. This adds versatility to the bow. It adds to the length of years you can use the bow.
Another benefit of the bow is it is good for every day use. It does not matter if you are practicing or using it to hunt, it is a good bow to be able to use every single day.
The limbs of this bow are removable. This is a good benefit to have if you need to or want to carry it in a backpack to walk through the woods to your favorite spot.
1. It is a good starter bow if you are a beginner in archery.
2. It is a good bow if you are short in stature or have a short arm length.
3. The brass bushings are preinstalled. This is good if you do not know how to install the brass bushings properly.
4. The bow lasts for a long time if taken care of properly.
5. The weight of the limbs can be lower or higher, depending on your wants and how strong your arms are.
6. A good bow for any age.
1. There have been a few Samick Sage Takedown Recurve bows the sight loosened or came off.
2. If not put together properly the limbs can have a flimsy feel or movement to them, but can be fixed if you want to put some work into it.
3. If the limbs are not completely put in the riser lot or are improperly put in, the limb bolt will not be aligned right to the bolt holes.
4. The riser can crack if not put together properly.
The limbs of the bow can be changed to different weights. This makes it easier for many archers and hunters.
There are many good bows on the market today. I do recommend the Samick Sage Takedown Recurve bow for several reasons. If you are short or have a short arm length, this is a good bow to have and use. It is lighter than many bows on the market. The limbs of the bow can be bought in different lengths to fit you better and make it easier for you to use.
Whether you are young or just starting archery or hunting, the Samick Sage Takedown Recurve bow is a must have bow. It makes aiming at a target easier for any age or skill level. You should take a look at the bow and give it a test. I believe you will enjoy it as much as I do.
Take the Samick Sage Takedown Recurve bow for a test run at an archery store today. You will be glad you did. Happy archery and hunting.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.